A Cloud Data Engineer at transACT Technology Solutions will have the opportunity to participate in customer projects as well as enhancing our internal Data Services. Day-to-day hands-on work can be from implementing serverless/ETL infrastructure to taking a step back and giving workshops and design recommendations to a technical team. Furthermore, you will become a trusted advisor for high-profile enterprises and will jointly manage the customer relationship and roadmap with the transACT Sales team.
The Role Specifics
The Cloud Data Engineer will:
- Design and implement data pipelines that will feed user behavioural data back into production systems;
- Identifying best practices for cloud services monitoring and management and promoting these best practices across the business;
- Migrating on-premises corporate applications and related data to the cloud;
- Configuring cloud infrastructure components like networking and security services;
- Monitoring cloud management and data storage services.
- We offer a Competitive Salary dependant on your skills and experience;
- 22 days annual leave p/a (plus bank holidays);
- Auto-enrolment into Company Pension Scheme;
- Business related expenses covered;
- Potential Share Option Scheme;
- Comprehensive private medical insurance scheme which includes medical, dental, optical and EAP services to ensure your well-being;
- Professional Development incl. access to ongoing professional development opportunities, including training programs to enhance your skills and knowledge;
- Annual Employee Recognition Scheme.
Who we are looking for:
- You will have public cloud platform expert knowledge, especially Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- You will be a self-starter with the ability to use your own initiative to work independently and proactively manage your own workload and time;
- You will have experience of working on data migrations, familiarity with data modelling techniques and previous hands on modelling experience;
- You will have a natural willingness to be flexible, adapt to changing needs and take on new tasks as required;
- You will have recent experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance;
- You will engage with our sector and be keen to make a valuable contribution to our organisation;
- You will have proven experience with implementing machine learning models using tools like R or Python (desirable)
- You will be confident in speaking with our customers and have a professional and clear communication manner (written and verbal);
- You will have previous experience using AWS RedShift, Big query, QuickSight, Lambda and data pipelines;
- Minimum AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification and Data Analytics Specialty (preferred).
- Monday to Friday (08:30 – 17:30)
- This position is based in our London office
- Our Office Locations: Dublin, London (Farringdon), St. Albans, Glasgow